SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Butterfly Mini Quilt

 

Another WIP finish!  This was one of my slow summer stitching projects I started on my vacation.  Being a mini-quilt I thought it would be an easy finish but that didn't happen.



I sat in my little rocking chair staring out at the ocean.  This is my favorite time of the year.  Unplugged from everything except for family, a good book and some hand-sewing.


I found the template for the butterfly from the Vintage Sewing Box.  The butteries are paper pieced and so tiny.  


I really wanted to do something that used only 30's prints but wanted it relatively simple.  I always love a 9 patch and this let me use many of my favorite fabrics.


This entire project was hand-stitched, which is a good reason why I am just now finishing it...6 months later.



The entire quilt measures just 12" x 12".  This is before washing....


...And this is after washing.  I don't know what I am going to do with it yet.  Hold on to it for now and maybe hang it up once we get a little close to spring.  


Post a Comment